Monday 21 November 2011

Introducing our two new Canoe Kayak Trader Team paddlers

Canoe kayak trader would like to welcome our two new team paddlers Pete Bridgeford and Jake Boswell. If you see them out on the water pop over and say hi! 

Pete Bridgeford


Hi guys, I’m Pete Bridgeford, aged 17 and I’m in my 2nd year at Evesham college studying game design and media. 

I’ve been paddling for around 5 years, at my local club based in Stratford called ‘SOAK’, and I now mainly focus on the freestyle side, but I’ll also happily run rivers.

I got into freestyle when I saw one of the guys in my club cartwheeling, which made me want to try it! My dad bought me a Dagger Kingpin 6.1, which I started to learn the basics in, I then progressed and got a Pyranha Molan which I learnt to front loop in, and I now paddle a Jackson Rockstar.


I mainly go paddling at HPP, Nottingham, with Alex Read, when even I can, and I’ve recently been out to places like Slovenia and Plattling. This year I’ve also started entering freestyle events such as the youth freestyle series and some British league events.  

I’m a Qualified Level 1 coach and a Level 2 coach trainee, and hopefully going to pass my level 2 assessment in the near future, and I’ve also recently achieved my 4* ww river leader.



Jake Boswell



I started paddling 4 years ago at my local Canoe Club in Hinckley-Break Out Canoe Club. After completing my 2 star, I took up Canoe Slalom. In Spring 2010 I bought my first kayak, a Pyranha S6F.I was introduced to Freestyle at the Nene on a junior coaching day with 'Squarerock' that summer 


In October 2010 I upgraded to a Jackson Allstar. I joined Paddleplus Canoe Club at the end of 2010, where I got to know other young freestylers and started to do harder whitewater. In March this year I started to compete in the Youth Freestyle and British League for the first time. I feel I have had a good first season and hope to make a big improvement in my performance in 2012.

 I am also a Level 1 Coach, and now a Level 2 Coach Trainee and am hoping to complete my 4 Star Kayak Whitewater Leader over winter. I am 17, attend Sixth Form College and am a NPLQ Lifeguard at my local Leisure Centre. My local paddling spots are HPP, Nottingham and the Whitewater Centre on the Nene.




No comments:

Post a Comment