Thursday 4 October 2012

Nottingham league event 2012




After the Cardiff league event, the next was at the Nottingham white water centre, on the 23rd September, which was conveniently the day after the Youth freestyle, so people could make a weekend of it, whether they paddled in the youth event, or just came to help out and watch the up and coming youth paddlers!





On the Friday I met Alex at the boat centre, so we could travel down in convoy and get a much needed practise in the second hole, as this was where the competitions are normally held. This seemed to go quite well, with Alex nailing some mcnastys and a few phonix’s, and I finally managed to get some mcnasty as well.



I was lucky as I can still paddle in the youth events, so this gave me even more practise for the league event, with me getting mcnastys a lot more consistently.
We had to be up early on Sunday, as the registration was between 8:30 and 9 unless you’d registered the day before, which I hadn’t!

At 10am we all gathered round and had a briefing on how the day would plan out. It started off with the junior women’s heat first, then C1, then the juniors and expert juniors heats started, Tom Goddard was in heat 3 and Jake and I were in heat 4, which was the first heat after lunch. Alex’s was in the Expert men’s, which always end up being at the last to go, and there were quite a lot of them.
Before each heat, we all had a quick time to practise whilst the judges sorted out the scoring for the heat before.





I was quite happy with my rides, as I’m not very good in the feature but I managed 2 rides over 200 points!  Jake and Tom also managed some great scoring rides, with there totals being over 400 as well for their 2 best rides.

Paul King also managed some good rides in the C1 category, but I missed him in the OC1, but I’m sure he got some great rides there too.





Next up was Alex, who had been waiting around in the cold all day to paddle. Unfortunately his rides didn’t go quite to plan, as he could get any mcnastys or phonix’s to go, but he still managed some massive loops and godzillas to rack up some points.




 After watching a few more top paddlers, we decided to head home and get out of the rain.

Big thanks to everyone who made it a great weekend!

See you on the water

Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment