Wednesday 14 March 2012

First session with my AT2 Flexi’s

When I got the news that my paddles had arrived at Canoe Kayak Trader on Tuesday, I couldn’t wait to pick them up, and give them a try! Luckily, Alex asked me if I want to go paddling on Wednesday at Hpp, so obviously I said yes!

So after my clubs pool session, I went back with Alex, stopped at his house, so in the morning we could get up, and go straight to the boat centre and pick up my new blades, then headed on our way to Nottingham.

When we got there, we walked down the course, to see what had changed since the last time we’d been there, we saw a nice little wave just past second hole which look like it could be pretty fun, then headed back up to pay, and get changed.

Whilst the camera was being set up, I jumped on the water, to see what the paddles were like, took me a while to them, as they are quite a lot different to my old blades, as they have a foam core, which keeps them floating on the surface of the water more, and the oval grip, which helps you know which way the blade is, and helps to keep a grip of them, as you definitely wouldn’t want to lose them!

When I went down into inlet gate, I could just feel the difference, they felt so much better in the water, and stayed higher on the surface, which helped for control.

We basically had the course to ourselves when we got on, but we were told that later on, it was going to get busy, as it was student night, and the National Student Rodeo at the weekend, so everyone wanted to get some practise in, so we tried to make the most of it all whilst it was quite, and kept moving down the features, setting up the camera at each one, and getting some practise in, and getting used to the new paddles.

All in all, I couldn’t find any bad points about these paddles, there just generally a really good paddle to use, and I cannot wait to get back on the water with them!


See you on the water,

Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment