Thursday 22 March 2012

Team CKT Paddler Sam Jackson Review on the Palm Surge Cag




When i was looking for a new winter cag I wanted to makes sure this time I got one with latex neck seals and arm seals as for the last few years ive been using a neo neck which was good but not completely dry, So i had a look around and opted for the new Palm Surge

Well i was not disappointed that’s for sure it’s the best cag I’ve had in a long time.

I am very impressed with The new Palm Surge, I got it in red which stands out well on the water and its much lighter weight than I expected compared to other brands I’ve owned in the past but so still super warm and so dry it’s unreal love the fact all the water just pearls off it when i roll.




The sleeves if anything are a bit longer than i would like but as it’s a unisex cag and I have a size large think they must be allowing for all these men out there that have longer arms that me, but apart from that its all good.

Like the fact I can tighten and loosen the outer neck seal too which has been good if it’s a colder day and good to slacken it off on a sunnier day.

I was also out late in the day whilst working last week and it turned a bit darker and I was impressed with the Reflective strips on the cag , nice to think that if ever got caught out on the river in the dark I would be seen on the water or even walking back along a road back to the truck so that was a added bonus too.

Wear wise I’ve used it around 15 times now on canoeing trips, flat water, sea kayaking, surfing and on white water and it has performed well is all these areas being very comfortable to wear and it’s also not restrictive at all so great for body rotation and rolling.

I would recommend this cag to anyone looking for a mid price range dry cag and for everyday use.



Sammy Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment